Saturday, July 14, 2007

Writing

BTW, if you've somehow stumbled upon this blog, realize that it's not meant for public consumption. This is pretty much just a place for me to ramble and possibly take notes on my life.

So about writing.

I'd really like to be a professional writer but that's essentially impossible for practical people like me so I guess I'd settle for writing as a hobby.

Ok, so what do I write about? Current events? Fiction? Suspense? Pulp Horror? Real-life animal stories?

What does hobby writing involve? I want to write stuff that's fun to write and might give some meaning, at least to myself.

Here are a few ideas I've had:
- Wierd cyber romance where a man impersonates a woman on MySpace type software and to keep the charade going he has to enlist the help of a real woman who he eventually falls in love with. Truth is I can't write a romance so it'd have to be more than that. Maybe a commentary on our crazy contemporary world? Suspense? Danger? Does someone he dupped get pissed off and try to kill him?
- Dream world where kids get sucked in and go on crazy (dreams are crazy right?) adventures.
- Rants and raves of my opinion on things. Like one for every day of the year. I could collect them until I have a years worth! (: Call it the "Book of Rants".
- Sci fi book about an "illusionist" who takes a halucinary drug to better help him learn his craft and learns a painful lesson about impossible love.

Ok, let's say I picked one of these. How would I actually go about writing it?
- Write out an outline
- Flesh out some scenes.
- Put it together.

No comments: